Veolia Water around the world
Preserving the water cycle through creative solutions that protect human health and ensure sustainable ecosystems.
Veolia Water manages all water cycles with a focus on customer service and resource protection. Activities range from raw water withdrawal to production and distribution of drinking or industrial process water, and from the collection and treatment of wastewater to its recycling or discharge back into the environment. To provide sustainable solutions to its clients' problems caused by pressure on water resources, Veolia Water designs innovative technological solutions and builds appropriate facilities.
Veolia Water has redefined its business with a new vision in three dimensions: SVR.
This approach combines high-performance solutions (Service), optimal use of natural resources (Value) and balanced commitment (Responsibility).
Technical data 2012
- 100 million people provided with water service
- 4,676 drinking water production plants operated around the world
- 9.5 billion cubic meters of drinking water distributed
- 71 million people provided with wastewater service around the world
- 3,514 municipal wastewater treatment plants around the world
- 6.7 billion cubic meters of wastewater collected.
Veolia Water also supports sustainable development to conserve water resources and provides the capabilities to establish alternative water sources.
Veolia Water is the water division of the world leader in environmental services, Veolia Environnement - which offers solutions in water, waste management and energy.