Each site where Veolia Water operates in Australia and New Zealand supports a local not for profit organisation or local community event. Each was chosen by the local Veolia Water teams about what was important to them in their community.
Each charity or event delivers broad social or environmental benefits. Many of these have a clear link to water, however some were chosen purely due to employee interest and participation.
In Australia and New Zealand, Veolia Water actively supports a range of local initiatives. In 2012 and 2013, some of these initiatives include:
- New South Wales
- Sydney's Desalination Plant - Sutherland to Surf Fun Run
- Bayswater Power Station - Muswellbrook Learn to Swim Program
- Woronora Water Treatment Plant - Hacking River Stream Watch Group
- Illawarra Water Treatment Plant - Illawarra Surf Life Saving Club
- Gerringong Gerroa Sewerage Scheme - Gerringong Surf Life Saving Club
- Western Corridor Recycled Water Project - The South East Queensland Healthy Waterway Awards
- Engineering Aid Australia
- Noosa Water Treatment Plant - Noosa's Festival of Water
- Bendigo, Castlemaine and Kyneton Water Treatment Plant - Murray to Moyne Cycle Relay for the Bendigo Health Foundation
- Ballarat North Wastewater Treatment Plant - Ballarat Environment Network Winter Swamp Community Education Program and Brown Hill Swimming Pool
- New Zealand
- Take 5 for Charity